Nope! Despite going to a 'red-brick' and gaining that coveted (ok not the best) 2:1, 14 months after graduation I am yet to land that elusive grad-scheme! Now it may be a combination between laziness, indecisiveness and a dash of arrogance but it's getting ridiculous. Having interviewed for jobs from a software developer at IBM to a marketing grad at Barclays it has been bloody hard to convince employers it is in fact their field that I am passionate about. I know this would probably fall into "Job Application Schoolboy No. 1" but I'm yet to finalise my life plan. This takes us into laziness.
There is probably some magical way to determine where in life you are destined to go, having not yet mastered such witch craft (despite obviously toiling for hours and hours...), I am yet none-the-wiser where I want to take my life which I feel is disgustingly obvious to employers. Combine this with a willingness to work for some shitty company and bingo, we have the arrogance! I'm starting to wonder whether I set my goals too high or whether what I once believed to be media hype is in fact the journalistic equivalent of rubbing salt in the wounds - is my degree a worthless piece of paper?! It cost a bloody fortune so I hope not!
In the meantime, I pass my days temping in a fairly 'kitch' (yes, I went there) company who deal with field marketing and help keep that big ol' machine of capitalism well oiled. Sure beats being unemployed it must be said but lord knows I hope this isn't the best my student loan is capable of, if it is, I want my money back!
No comments:
Post a Comment