Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Can't Give It Away!

After returning back from travelling I went through the obvious and somewhat cliche of wanting to volunteer. I've done a little volunteering here and there and found it thoroughly rewarding, with work thin on the ground and boredom levels sky-rocketing it seemed perfect timing to get stuck in. On account of being a bit of a geek, I registered *online* with a local initiative which looks to place people  into volunteer positions. After a few questions and opting for what sort of volunteer work you were willing to do, I waited.

Having checked every option bar shovelling shit, I thought I was bound to get a call imminently and I would be back on track, out of a rut and doing something positive...this was three weeks ago. Past being bewildering that me volunteering my time to help somewhere, anywhere, I think it's a shame that my willingness to help someone (and trust me it's verging on a miracle such an instance arose) was ignored. Are the local council inundated with so many volunteers that they have started vetting applicants?! Sad to say, I started a job without being able to do one nice thing, not even help an old lady cross the road! Gutted!

No comments:

Post a Comment